In 2015, I completed the MACTE Accredited Montessori Teacher Certification Course with Newborough Teacher Training Institute. What a year it was!
Every week, each class was full of amazing information and interesting presentations. The teachers who lecture and present materials are so knowledgeable that you can't help but learn so much from them.
Every Tuesday and Thursday evening, I was excited to come to class. I loved finding out what we would be covering each night.
Newborough's director, Sybil Taylor is fabulous. I can't say enough about how wonderful and helpful she is. Sybil and the lecturers make the course easy to follow and provide the right amount of information to make each class extremely informative.
I have and will recommend Newborough to anyone wishing to study Montessori. I loved every minute of my course and would go back to class in a 'heart beat' for a refresher.
Graduate 2015 with honours.
Please fill out the form below to find our more about our program!
Early Childhood Montessori Teacher Education Course
The Newborough Teacher Training Institute only admits students with the ability to benefit from this course, as assessed through the admissions interview with the director.
A minimum of Grade 12 or an O.A.C. credit in Mathematics and English (or the equivalent) is needed for acceptance to this course in Canada.
Leading to a Diploma in the Early Childhood Montessori Education (children ages 2 ½ through 6 years). At this time there are no University credits awarded for this program.
Students must meet at least one of the following criteria to be admitted:
- An Ontario Secondary Diploma or the equivalent obtained outside of Canada, and Ontario. This includes approved credits in Mathematics and English.
- Mature students must show related experience working with young children, ages 2 ½ through 6 years, or Early Childhood Education certification from a registered college or registered vocational college in Canada. They may also have a Canadian University Degree or a university degree equivalent from outside of Canada.
*Related experience is defined as:
- having worked as an assistant in a registered daycare or childcare facility for, at least one year;
- having worked as an assistant in a registered Montessori Casa classroom for, at least one year;
- having worked in an instructional position in a traditional classroom for, at least one year;
Students must also have an interview with a director.
Students with a diploma in Early Childhood Education or Registered Nursing may receive credit for some course work, according to the transcripts provided.
Please contact Newborough Teacher Training
Institute for details.
An absence of more than three lectures may result in the student having to make-up the missed lectures and writing the examination the following year.
Please contact the Newborough Teacher Training Institute
for start dates.
11181 Yonge St., Richmond Hill, ON, L4S 1L2
(905) 737-1160, (416) 571-5571
Book a personal tour of our campus today!