My time at Newborough Teacher Training Institute was a very pleasant experience. There was never a question or comment that I felt uncomfortable asking. Ms. Taylor was always willing to advise and answer, or even simply discuss any given topic that was brought up. She did not hesitate to share her personal experiences and stories for the benefit of our learning. Her insight and knowledge allowed me to learn to a greater extent than I had personally expected.
In addition to the amicable attitude and demeanor of Ms. Taylor, Paul was also full of extremely logical and relevant information. He has a gift of being able to break down and simplify the Montessori materials and theories in a way that allows one to fully and completely understand, in its entirety, the teachings of Maria Montessori.
I thoroughly enjoyed the entire course and all of the assignments that were given to the class. I am confident in what I do, mainly in part of what I have learned throughout my time and Newborough.
Please fill out the form below to find our more about our program!
Early Childhood Montessori Teacher Education Course
The Newborough Teacher Training Institute only admits students with the ability to benefit from this course, as assessed through the admissions interview with the director.
A minimum of Grade 12 or an O.A.C. credit in Mathematics and English (or the equivalent) is needed for acceptance to this course in Canada.
Leading to a Diploma in the Early Childhood Montessori Education (children ages 2 ½ through 6 years). At this time there are no University credits awarded for this program.
Students must meet at least one of the following criteria to be admitted:
- An Ontario Secondary Diploma or the equivalent obtained outside of Canada, and Ontario. This includes approved credits in Mathematics and English.
- Mature students must show related experience working with young children, ages 2 ½ through 6 years, or Early Childhood Education certification from a registered college or registered vocational college in Canada. They may also have a Canadian University Degree or a university degree equivalent from outside of Canada.
*Related experience is defined as:
- having worked as an assistant in a registered daycare or childcare facility for, at least one year;
- having worked as an assistant in a registered Montessori Casa classroom for, at least one year;
- having worked in an instructional position in a traditional classroom for, at least one year;
Students must also have an interview with a director.
Students with a diploma in Early Childhood Education or Registered Nursing may receive credit for some course work, according to the transcripts provided.
Please contact Newborough Teacher Training
Institute for details.
An absence of more than three lectures may result in the student having to make-up the missed lectures and writing the examination the following year.
Please contact the Newborough Teacher Training Institute
for start dates.
11181 Yonge St., Richmond Hill, ON, L4S 1L2
(905) 737-1160, (416) 571-5571
Book a personal tour of our campus today!